July 11, 2004

Attack of the Teens!

Tash was in town with Ayaz, the twins Noreen & Nosheen, and their brother Navid. The house was filled with cute little teenagers, and they invaded my room to gawk at the tools of my student life. I think I gave them a good worldly education in about an hour while they sat on my bed and pointed to all the posters and books I have collected through my 3 years at school. I answered questions on the history of Bebop, Rajasthani puppets, Swedish art, Picasso's sexualization of the female form, Coco Chanel, Indian movies, Architectual history of the late 18th century, Africa, and Balinese art. They had fun looking through my photo albums and finding out all the odd family history that all of us happens to have. Some, of course, more in abundance than others. In turn they introduced me to the joys of Ratedesi and Raghav (He is totally my new pretend celebrity boyfriend! Who knew he was Canadian?) Good trade I must say. It was around 2 in the morning when they all finally agreed to go to bed. So yeah, I am totally gonna be that cool aunt/relative who has all kind of neat stuff in her house, and unhealthy sugary treats in her pantry. That, or that stogey one that gives children nightmares and ugly educational presents.